click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

13 Oct 2011

Day 36: Banska Bystryca-Stara Huta

I forgot to mention in yesterdays post, that on the trail down towards Vazna I saw a deer. Beautiful creature, probably about 8 years (I couldn't properly count in that short moment. That was nice after having seen a couple of does and hearing deers in Germany and Poland, to actually see one.
After having put myself in dry cloth and after hanging everything up to dry I first needed to properly eat. Goulash with Knoedel, hmm... After that there was not so much of the day left to looks at the city and anyway I was very tired.
This morning I decided to chose and easy route and head south towards the border, crossing the Slovak "Erzgebige". On the map it should have been a natural road (no asphalt but a car could pass) but it turned out to be a hiking trail. And again, the last couple of meters in altitude where really steep and a lot of dead branches lay around. Here I lost my temper and was really pissed of. This fucking trail just went straight up the small mountain. What about good old serpentine trails, there was surely enough space for it. so I pushed and cursed for a good hour.
The landscape was very rewarding though. The mountains covered by big forests shining in all colours. The falling leaves were dancing in the airport and the wind cleared the sky a bit so there was sunshine from time to time. The ride downhill was adorable. First the trail was completely covered in yellow leaves and the last bit was over and open field, which had an astonishingly flat surface.
I really love the landscapes of Slovakia and everywhere you find water from sources, beautiful.