click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

9 Feb 2012

Day 153: Famagusta

Todays plans was to go one a little round trip heading a bit north along the coasts to the golden beaches and back. But it was early morning when I found sleep and when the alarm woke me up I automatically got up, stopped the noise and only seconds later I was sleeping deep and sound again.
And voilà an other lazy day. When I was finally crawling out of bed I just managed to stop by the ferry office, where they told , me the good news that they have a ship on Thursday before meeting Davut, my cs host.
We met at the sports center of his university, where hey is training as a wrestler. He also introduced me later to oil wrestling, that I had sorted as some kind of legend from the first olympics in my head. But in reality, so it appeared, it is still popular around here.
It turned out, that he was already hosting two other guests, Goscha and Jean-Jaques from Poland. It was a cool eavening, hanging out in the dorms of the campus, with Davut his friends and guests. There was a long enumeration of turkish surnames, that was really funny. So they came up with names like ' silder sap Kazim' (canceling alum Kazim) or 'kozalak Mehmed' (pine cone Mehmed). Of course the stories that led to their discoveries were often quite funny themselves, but half of the time I was wondering how Turkish humour works, which was kind of funny itself.