click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

23 Feb 2012

Day 167: Göreme Tarihi Milli Parki

Today I took my bike with little luggage and went for a day trip to see the fairy chimneys. The landscape, as advertised, is quite particular and beautiful. There was a still a lot snow and were there wasn't, the soil was muddy. And while pushing and dragging my poor Wolter along a single trail (forgot the lock, so I could not leave him) I got a pair of wet feet. The ride home was accordingly cold for the lower extremities.
It was a pity that I managed to piss myself off with my misplaced knightley attitude after a bad choice of route (a warrior never retreats/goes back and shit). It almost spoiled the day, fortunately the weather was brilliant, the air not too cold and the nature sculptured small miracles all around the place, keeping my mind off the cold wet feet.