click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

8 Mar 2012

Day 182: Susehri-Sebinkarahisar

It was a sunny day again and I could admire the complex landscape of the Giresun region. Compared to Nevsehir (part of Kapadokya) where the complexity lies more in the closer look (small valleys, caves, weird sand cylinders) here the complexity is in rough mountains and one steep valley next to another. I love this kind of landscape I also encountered between Greece and Bulgaria as well as Slovakia. But here the dominant color was white for a change, also this landscape seemed particularly chiselled, where the snow melted away it lay open soft underground and one could observe erosion at work. I was not sure if that is simply because the eastern Pontic mountains are young or if recently a forest has gone missing. I took my time to enjoy the different views along my path, but on the other hand the ups and downs exhausted me in no time. In some 55 km I accumulated 1500m of climbing. I can't remember climbing so much in such a short distance. In the prospect of having to climb another 1000m before the next town I decided to stay in Sebinkarahisar, which is situated at a very nice spot.