click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

26 Mar 2012

Day 196-197: Zugdidi

Rainy days in Zugdidi. Brennan from Baltimore who was visiting for a couple of days took us to the city center. On the way there we picked up Hatschipuri (georgian cheese bread) and had a peek at the bazaar before going to a bar with wireless internet. That was a long quiet moment there when all of us were wired in, catching up in the virtual world.
Later Brennan left us to go back to his village and we went back to the bazaar to do the shopping for tonights feast.
After crisscrossing between the stands and shops, many suspicious looks at the meat that was hanging in bits from ropes and was fingered by the sellers while praising the merchandise tire you we returned to Blessing and Helens house. SungJong and Jihyun conjured in a very accomplished manner a delicious porc casserole, while I was struggling improvising (because I could not find the exact ingredients) a gratin with the wood heated oven. After having strained everybodys patience because of drastically increased cooking time due to lower-than-usual temperatur, we finally ate eagerly.
The next day my body, that recently was struggling staying on the healthy side, gave in into sickness. I spent my second day in bed, weak, feverish with a very weird stomach. Jihyun prepared a rice soup for me and gave me a bottle with hot water for my belly. I am very grateful for this. Thoughts about spending a sick day in my tent made me shiver even more... Yeah, this is much better...
Unfortunately I missed a crazy night with the others, I just heard the echoes as voices in the corridors late at night when the events took place for which the night deserves that previous adjective.