click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

27 Jun 2012

Day 294: Julwania-Mhow

This time I got it right and got up at sunrise (5:30) and started cycling half an hour later. It was calm, less wind and the rising sun was mild. Another half an hour I found a breakfast place along the road, they had no omelettes but served something that they call "rice", at least that's how it sounds to me. But I got no clue what it is, maybe some kind of grain with a lot of spices. It comes on a piece of newspaper with a tea-spoon and some crackers pored over it. It was a bit heavy on my stomach but, surly better than nothing.
After a long hydrating break I tried to continue a good bit but shortly past ten I felt like dying from the heat. So I dragged myself to the next truck stop, where I pored some water over my head. It was really strange having dry skin in this heat. this time I was not sure if I'm not able to sweat properly or if it really evaporated so quickly.
When I was drinking hot tea, I felt life coming back to me.
After lunch it was a big fight, the sun was strong until five, I took off at four and I was cooked after half an hour and just dragged myself to Mhow. The highlight of the day was the spotting of monkeys, sitting in the of the rocks close to a small pass. It was the first time that I saw free monkeys.