click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

8 Sept 2011

Day 2: Goerliz-Koebeln

Since it was supposed to rain all day I decided to buy some bikers underwear, that I deeply regretted yesterday eavening not to have packed before takeoff. Well that peace of cloth certainly and literary saved my buttom today. Probably Ivan was right when he said, that certain leather seats dort not get formed by the cyclists behind, it's the other way around.
Funny was also thato I did not catch a drop of rain in the end. Hopefully irony does not proof the weather forecast for tomorrow wrong.
North of the Lausitz it isch rather flat, but the wind compensates for the absent altitude differences, especially if your one an open plane. I was lucky not to head west. The Neissen-Oder trail follows, as the name sais, a river, so I had the wind from almost all directions, mostly from my right side.
I also took a wrong turn in at the beginnig and found myself in Poland faster thanks I realized. The hit that I crossed the border was the strikingly different environment. On the O-N trail on the German side, comming from Görlitz center there it felt like Disneyland for retired people, and on the other side was... Well I have to take another look before I can dicribe it properly. It somehow reminded me of certain villages in the countryside of France.

The catch does not seem unwilling to remain seated, its plastik gives in and I keep taping it. Maybe there will be something like a gallery for broken figure heads...