click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

28 Sept 2011

Day 22: Chodecz-Lodz

When I got up this morning, it was all moist and foggy. For me this were new conditions, on this journey, I never had to ride in the fog before. I liked the atmosphere a lot. people emerging from the myst or be swallowed by it. The flowers where like fireworks amongst all that white, or the yellow of some trees. The spiderwebs condensed some of the water and were hung with water drops. They seemed a bit like the ghosts of the flowers from the past summer, when haning on the shrubs.
Beside the visuals it really sucked. Eeeeverything was wet, nothing would dry
The fog cleared by the early afternoon and the sun came out. I jumped on the first field with short dry grass and lay out all my stuff to dry. After it was a lot better.
I managed to go almost all the way on low traffic roads, where I could see more of the Polnish countryside. I have to say, that its beauty gets a bit monotonous after a couple of hundred kilometers. Personally I like it when the landscape explores also the third dimension.
Tonight and probably one or two more nights I will stay in a hostel, get myself and my cloth thoroughly cleaned. I also need some rest. Even tough I got a good routine in the mean time with looking for a spot to camp, setting everything up, cooking, streching, ect. I loved this moments during dusk, when everything became slowly quiet. When I was by a lake this becomes even more apparent, when the water surface becomes a mirror. These were some moments of calm hapiness. But it's good to stay sometimes more than one night.