click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

28 Sept 2011

Day 21: Adamowo-Chodecz

Until Wloclawek, I had it's comming, there were only major roads. But I was prepared and I survived. The only situations where I needed to go beside the road, was when I heard a truck comming and saw vehicles coming in the opposite direction, because these truck drivers sometimes rather risk your life than slow down. Otherwise, the left enough space while passing.
Entering Wloclawek was a nice moment. Crossed the river while the cathedral rang 12. It's a nice little city with a lot of contrast. Old monuments, worn down houses, new houses, and "Plattenbauten". One the bridge, while I shot some photos, a man caught up with me, whom I passed moments ago, answering to his question "nie rozumiem" (I don't understand) and rode further downhill towards the bridge. He asked me other stuff and only few of his questions got answered. But then he insisted that I take four of the apples he had in one bag on his bike. They were big and nice looking. So I took two, saying I don't have enough space, but he started a fuss and would not stop untill I took them all. So I took them all and one in my mouth. Delicious! Nice man...
I tried to find a place where I could eat something, have access to a plug to recharge the phone and wireless internet. The first two I managed, whatever post still can be posted. So after I had warm lunch for a change, I took one the second bit of the days journey. It was more relaxed since there were bycicle lains on the following roads to Chodecz. After I got stocked up and was about to leave the city to find a camping spot, the wind suddenly got stronger, which I took as a hint to seak shelter. That I found next to the football field. Thunder was playing against lighting, all by rain. After the storm past, I ran into Jacek, a polnish cyclist. After some talking, me in english, he in polnish, we got company by two boys that were fishing at the lake. They helped translating a bit, but the conversation was very chaotic and I was not half the time what Jacek was getting to, but it was quite serene.
Hours later I put up the tent in the dark and was looking forward to rest after the long day.