click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

5 Sept 2011

ways to go

After doing my best in bringing the work to a closure
After putting my house hold into boxes
After a lot of administrative stuff
After a long journey to to the place I grew up (with the boxes)
After stashing the boxes
After a long joyful couple of days with my familiy in the garden of my fathers house
After fiddeling the last bits and pieces on my bike
After packing, unpacking and re-packing my travelling equipement

...I'm finally taking off.

When I followed the advice of my dear sister to put something very personal on my bike I had this funny moment of realization.
So I chose a happy-friend-lucky-whatever-cat as a figurehead to be mouted at the front of my bike. You know, one of these waving cats you can usually have in gold or white in every second asiatic grocry store or kiosk. I first noticed them the movie sans soleil from cris maker, where he's filming the temple of the cats in Japan. Funny little things...I got my luckey cat only recently in Madrid. So this cat has come some way already, knows about travellling an will hopefully wave me though towards the right direction.- ahead, ahad, ahead, straight ahead.... Anyway, so I prepared most of the things I could think of and found useful, which turned out to be quit time consuming. Among those preparations was thinking about appropriate cloths, what tools to take, what spare parts to take, -and then get the stuff, collecting numbers and addresses of persons to send post cards to or to be consulted in a urgency, etc.
The final preparation was then to put that lukey-cat on my bike and I realized that this is one of the few certain things on my journey; there will be a white paw waving luckey cat sitting above my front wheel. that's how far certainty goes concerning personal prognosis!