click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

4 Oct 2011

Day 26: Lodz-Rzasawa

This morning the noise of many busy feet woke me up. I had trouble getting I gear. But it turned out that it was a good thing to ride out of the city on a sunday. There was not much traffic, no trucks in the street and the fewer people in the street seemed all busy with rituals and worship. Some went to church others took care of the graves, some cleaned their car and others went to the big shopping moles on the outskirts of the city. I glided on wolter with his cleaned and freshly oiled chain silently away from the city. It's funny to see these transitions between city and coutryside. These zones sometimes give me the impression of a weird kind if battlefield.
Each day of this autumn adds new colors to the trees, the "Stare" (these black birds with an incredible reperoir of noises) started gathering, forming swarms. That gave my motivation a little boost; I need to go south too.
The roads were good today. Either very large with good surface and reasonable drivers or there was a bicycle lain parallel to the road.
During my lunch break I heard a woodpecker, the I spotted him. He was very busy, so I tried to veeery slowly and carefully approach it to take a photo. I managed to get as close as three meters but with this camera and the branches in the way it was very tricky to get a good shot even though I saw it very clearly.
For the night I chose a spot at a lake again. I was wondering though what the huge gray surface a couple of km south could be. The big power cables, a pipeline and finally some smoke at the horizont tipped me off. It's one of these huge kole power plants. The lake turned out to be artificial. But it is also exploited by tourism. The bicycle roads got better towards the power plant and there is an increased number of hotels in the area. Its not bad.