click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

5 Oct 2011

Day 29: Wodlowice-Krakow

I slept on top of a lot of these Mole bumps, so before putting my tent I hat to stamp them down. before falling a sleep there was something pushing against the bottom of my tent and I started hitting on the floor, which felt a bit like in these game with the hammer where you have to hit the ground hogs appearing from different holes.
I got up later than usual, since it was clouded and there was no early sun to wake me. But I had the stuff together pretty quickly and started riding around nine.
The roads and trails today where very diverse; from very new asphalted roads, to older asphalted roads, to gravel roads, to grass trails, to soil roads and of course, there was also sand. But I'm not complaining at all, it was since a longer time to most exciting day of riding. The landscape was hilly and the roads went up and down, which very much corresponds to my moods. Additionally it was very exciting to see these small cliffs, ruins of old castles and the amazing autumn forests. From time to time I crossed villages and small cities. Most of them had a big square in the centre, where life was turning around. I liked to make small breaks there, sit and look. Half of the distance to Krakow was along the small river Pradnik, that forged a respectable canyon (for its size) into the landscape.
This canyon ends right before Krakow, so it was spitting me out into the city and I was a bit baffled coming from three days of mostly countryside and small cities and all of a sudden I was in the middle of deep urbanity. furthermore Krakow is an amazing city, really beautiful, no wonder it attracts a lot of tourists too. I just took a glimpse tough and went straight for the hostel. I'm tired and need to rest before I can enjoy this dense fussy bustle.