click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

9 Oct 2011

Day 31: Krakow - Rabka-Zdroj

Today it has been raining only one time, it started shortly after 9 a.m.
It was foggy and after and entite day of riding in the rain there is no way around getting wet. After lunch break I gave up the idea of camping and decided to get as close to the border as possible and seek schelter in whatever place with a warm shower. The first one I tried had these huge signs towards the street "wolne pokoje" (free room), so there I go. Just after I arrived a guy came around and I asked for a bed. Hey dialed some number and handed me the phone. The women was asking how many persons and how many nights, the answer to both questions was one! Then she said no we don't have a room for you and I was thinking "you lazy b". Well she didn't knew that I was freezing and hungry. So I asked the guy if hey knew another place. Hey nodded, started to explain the way in polnish, noticed my blank face, grabbed a paper and pen to draw me a scheme. So I went with that and took off. One half the way, the guy drove up at my side and told me to follow. Hey caused a little traffic jam leading me to the place, I would have used probably half and hour to find. Then he stormed the house and found the people, where I probably would have given up. I was very grateful for his help.
By the time I arrived at the pension, I was soaked to the bones.
Temperature dropped a lot today, reaching close to 0°c during the night, and one the weekend there might be the first snow on the higher mountains and this advertisement one the side of a road for boots designed for temperatures to -70° just freaked me out.
Jep this is my last night in Poland. I think I'll head towards the Adriatic sea looking for milder climate.