click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

9 Oct 2011

Day 33: Zuberec-Besenova

Today the weather got better. The air was humid, well I can't call it rain, and the sun lurked through the clouds from time to time. So I went for the next pass. There was very little traffic, it was a quiet Sunday. I worked my way up on the mountains, steaming, rhythmically. I concentrated on breathing most of the time. Yesterday I sucked the air through the mouth during greater efforts, coughing afterwards, when resting on the crete. The cold air irritated my lounges. Today I forced myself breathing in through the nose to heat up the air better. And it did the trick.
I also noticed, that in this environment I can concentrate better on cycling, actually I have to. Feel the muscles, adjust, listen to my breathing... The mountains humble me.
After the pass I saw a road sign indicating a thermal bath nearby which was commented by the though; "... and on the 33rd day of a bicycle-journey you shall relax in the hot waters..."
And so I did. Todays ride was bearly 40 km, so there was half a day left for indulging in wellness. Yeaah!