click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

3 Nov 2011

Day 57: Zadar-Turanj

The first thing in the morning was organizing a new axes for the reaerear wheel, which I had broken yesterday, when I tightened the screws of the bike after cleaning and oiling the chain. I did not find exactly what I wanted but it does the job. After I installed it I packed the bags and went off, still early enough to make a good distance.
After an hour I stopped for an espresso at a small cafe with a nice terrasse. When I wanted to lock the bike my hand was grasping nothing, where there should have been the lock. I had my espresso and decided to go back and fetch the lock I left one the stairs of the hostel.
Another hour later I had 40km one the counter and got back my lock.
As I went to fetch a slice of pizza, I saw one the central square a couple of bikes, and a guy sitting in the middle of them.
The guy introduced himself as Peers from England and he was keeping the place while his friends where spread out to take care of stuff. After talking for a while, I got to know more of his frieds and talking a bit more, I decided to join them heading down the coast, since we all head to Istanbul. A cool bunch.
Together we headed out for another 40 in the late afternoon and found us a spot to camp.