click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

1 Nov 2011

Day 56: Zadar

When I woke up this morning it was definite, I would stay this day in the city.
Yesterday Max, an Australian backpacker, and me went for a couple of beers. He is on the road for quite some time too. What he told me about Split and Dubrovnik confirmed my feeling, that these cities might not what I'm looking for. Today he took off to Plitvicka and I went wandering around the city. They have this organ here at the pears, that is played be the sea, more specifically by its waves. But the sea was calm this morning so most of the sound was produced by waves from the passing boats.
Today is also all saints, a good day to visit the graveyards, and where people usually go shopping it becomes as quite like on a graveyard.
In the early afternoon when I came back to the hostel to eat a bite, I met Gaku from Japan. He is also travelling by bike and its turned out he is one of the crazy guys that rode from Alaska to Patagonia, which took him two years. Now he started in Spain and is heading east... you get the idea...
Before sunset I went back to the sea-organ. Now there was some wind comming from north stirring up the sea a bit. I lay there and listened to this concert while then sun was going down, down, down.