click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

6 Nov 2011

Day 61:Ploce-Dubrovnik

After I took my turn in cooking, filled my stomach and enjoyed a cigarette, we just lay there in the bright half moon light. It was a beautiful atmosphere.
I got a warm nights sleep and got eaten alive by these lovely mosquitoes. But beside having these beautiful beasts for company, the spot was really nice.There was a bit of rain, but the wind dried it off. Everyone was up early and after Peers fixed his tire we were back one the road. The English boys decided to make a tour in Bosnia, I wanted to get too Montenegro and so the time to part had come. And so we did, at the river after Ploce, they followed it upstream and I crossed it.
I decided to go for Dubrovnik, against previous intentions, to find a hostel and get cleaned up. The 100km with a strong head wind were a lot of, work. On the way there I met Andy from Australia, who headed back too Spain where he started his trip, to go to Morocco. Yep, and the rest was work, the beautiful landscape did not manage to take off my head from the pain in my legs. Somewhere in between I crossed Bosnia. Weird, that border. Geologically it does not make sense, just another border one our heads.
The entry to Dubrovnik was impressive. The city is, a beauty. But tourism is bit like erosion one it.
The first hostel I tried was closed, the second one was a hive. Germans, Australians, a French guy and a Croatian keeper.
I lost a game of chess while drinking wine. A nice eavening,, but erosion will wash me away tomorrow. I look forward to montenegro and I'm curious if the mountains will let me pass.