click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

7 Nov 2011

Day 62: Dubrovnik-Meljine

It was a cosy eavening with Paul, Micke, Jannis and Phil, accompanied by quite a bit of beers and wine. Outside a thunderstorm came over Dubrovnik and I was glad having made the decision too stay in a hostel. By the time I got to do my internet stuff it was late and when I was done with that, it was morning.
I had a turbulent sleep with crazy and chaotic dreams. Having still the camping rhythm, I got up shortly after seven, and the wine orgel the beers or the combination messed up my head a bit. After a long breakfast I went back one the road by 10. The wind was strong and the sea was rough. I had to climb the steep hills around Dubrovnik to join the main road towards the border. When I reached the crete, the wind smacked me around the head, that I was getting a bit dizzy. So after the climb I fought with head wind again, only today it was stronger thant ever before one my trip. I did not find the force to properly face up tom it, even after several breaks, I did not find enough strength to get into the flow. The air was warm, but the wind pulled a lot of heat and I, felt feverish.
Around three p.m. I finally reached Igalo, what I marked as first etape. It turned out to be the last one too. After having a coffee and hanging like hit on the head, half present, in a chair I set out too find a camping spot around four. I got luckey and found a camping site between the small towns, that even would accomodate me for free.
To boost the moral and strengthen my body I decided to eat in a restaurant. After some wandering around I found a nice one, where I got a veal soup, salad and beef steak. It was all fresh, even the fries, and very well made. While savouring this delight the following line crossed my mind:panta rhei! (cheers Marcel)