click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

8 Nov 2011

Day 63: Meljine-Budva

I was woken up by ab short shower in the early mornig. After breakfast I went along the coast, which lead me into the fijord of Kotor. It was a nice and relaxed ride. Tourim industry is rather discrete on this part of the coast compared to those forests of advertisements along some coast roads.
While I was having lunch in Perast, some very important people embarked in some limousines right in front of me, and took of accompanied by some police. They were not bothered by me handling my knife, that is the drives were not, one of the guys getting on the back seat was looking a bit askew at me though.
In Kotor there was more traffic and in, the meantime there was a shower. The road to Budva brought me back to the open coast, where clouds, sun and water were spectacular to watch. Before reaching the city, there was again, more intense rain.
I was very disappointed by this town though. I did not like it after a first look around. The two hostels from internet research, I did not find. So I tried a couple of houses renting rooms. No succsess. So I ended up in a cheap hotel. I wanted to have a days break tomorrow, but it looks like nothing is keeping me here. after sunset a thunderstorm hit the coast.
It will be hard loosing a couple of degrees one my way east, away from the coast into the mountains. Also the bad weather comes from the west and I risk travelling with the bad weather.