click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

21 Nov 2011

Day 76: Vinica-Blagoevgrad

This morning again, I had to give myself a notch to get out in the cold. It was really nice having breakfast in the dining room next to the fire. But at 8 a.m. I was on the road.
The cold air was stinging my nose and there was a cold headwind comig from the small valley I was about to enter.
I wet slow, so I could carefully breath through my nose and having less wind in my face. This mode of cycling was with light gentle moves and the images I saw in one of the BBC planet earth series of a lynx walking through the snow occurred to me. Actually when this cteature walks it looks like he is floating through his environment. The white breath in the cold air is bearly visible. Very inspiring...
The ride was nice, around 1pm, climbing the last 300 m I finally thawed and sweat a lot. Now problems at the border, they waved me through as usual.
Even I was a bit afraid of freezing again one the ride downhill, it turned out to be nice too.
I tried too enter Blagoevgrad on the north east side, but they renewed the bridge and started by tearing down, the old on. So I ended up zigzagging towards the town like to a pass, which annoyed me quite a bit, because I was getting tired and eager too finally reach my destination, the apartment of the Kroumovas my first couchsurfing hosts on this journey.
After circling a bit more around my destination trying too, find it I got a warm reception and was even invited to dine with Stoyan, Ekaterina and their kids. Thanks a ton for the nice eavening!