click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

20 Nov 2011

Day 75: Veles-Vinica

I did not plan riding too many kilometers today, so I took it easy, aiming to be by ten on the road. It almost felt like sleeping off.
The ride was not very spectacular. I took main roads and got luckey with the traffic. There was even a stretch, where there was and older road in parallel, that I had almost for myself. This stretch ended in Stip. I just entered the city, when I saw two cyclists with a lot of luggage at a petrol station. I really did not expect to meet other bicycle travellers in this cold. I went to join them and the Korean couple introduced them selves as Will and Julie. After a bit of chatting we figured out, that weare heading in, the same direction. They wanted to stay in Kochani, and I chose a hotel a bit further for the night. Will proposed to ride together today, and off we went.
Close to Kochani, we stopped at another gas-station for coffee. They spoke very good english, which made my first conversation that allowed more than scratching the surface with people from Korea. I learned, that this cute couple was travelling for four years in total making several trips in the past decade. They mentioned central africa, south east asia (vietnam, kambodia...) And now want to cycle back home, taking one Iran, Uzbekistan, China... So they have quite some time to pass until spring. I thought, what is it with these asian cyclists, they really go for it. I was very impressed.
Probably we meet in Turkey again. I'd like that very much.
We spent , quite some time discussing cycling, our bikes and this and that. So when we parted, I got in a hurru to make my destination before sunset. When I reached the hotel, I saw at the western horizont what looked like what we see abstracted on Macedonian flag. Beautiful.