click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

17 Jan 2012

Day 130: Selcuk-Nazili

The people from the guesthouse started the day a bit later, and so did I.
The route towards Aydin commenced by climbing the cities house hill. That woke me up allright. Then its descened slowly into the next plain. The weather was perfect sunny and no wind. I enjoyed the ride, gliding along the road effortlessly. Even the plain gave me no cause to complain. Usually these rides are dull and the monotonous effort usually results in a soaring but. I had a lot of time to look around and let the thoughts linger. At some point the thoughts dwelled on my new riding position on the bike. The new handlebar gives me an alomst upright position, which probably looks like a gentleman rode one of the first bicycles back in the old days. I only miss the outfit, in particular the tophat. But as in the old days alike, riding in the absence of wind in that upright position is positively very enjoyable (to use a literary construct I pickt up from a certain character of a particular american cartoon about THE family - then again I probably, messed its up a bit).
In the later afternoon I the wind got my back, so I rode as upright and fast as possible. I like that paradox style; racing in a non-sportive position.
The plane was full of plantations, mostly orange and olive trees. Towards late afternoon, there were groups of people, mostly women, that work there, sitting at the side of the road, waiting for their bus ride home. It was funny to see their reactions, that reached from giggling, grinning to waving, staring with a blank face or shouting hello and other stuff that I did not understand.
As I progressed through the plane, the hills became mountains and more and more white cretes were surrounding me. It was a bit intimidating though, knowing that this will be the kind of mountain to cross to get back, to the coast.
For the night I found a rather quiet spot between two orange plantations. I'm still camping, yeah, yeah, yeah...
Thanks to the wind I come a good bit closer to my next destination Pamukkale. I should reached it tomorrow in tje early afternoon and I'm keen to see the thermal waters and take a bath.