click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

21 Jan 2012

Day 134: Acipayam-Korkuteli

The story of the three high planes and the plunge:
In that plane I decided to stay over night, the temperatures would stay around minus ten degrees celsius all day long! So I waited until the sun was strong enough before mounting my bicycle and wore almost everything I got (two pairs of socks! Never was so desperate before). Good it was cold.
A small climb brought me in the next plane, this one was considerably warmer and with now wind it was bearable and I enjoyed the landscapes.
The third plane was a windy one, still enjoyed the landscapes, but got a pair of cold feet.
It was always a moment of suspense before passing the cretes and get the view into the next plane. Would it be a valley this time? And since a few trees or bushes were enough to hide the road in the distance I was wondering while looking at the surrounding mountains, where the road would slip through or climb over. Sometimes it was really like riding into a white wall, but the a turn and voila a gate opened that was hidded by the previous perspective.
Twenty kilometers before Korkuteli I took the last climb up to 1600 m a.s. I was already getting a bit frustrated, when would I finally be able to get the chocolate side of the mountains, the ride downhill? Well 20 kilometers before the days destination I got it at last andPp I plunged down, this time into a valley. The road was steep, but since it also was highway-like (wide, straight and very few obstacles) I bearly used the breaks and launched down with over 60 km/h, tailwind and the red-orange light of the sunset on the white mountains.
This saved my day. Before I was about to make a really short post for this day, something like: it was freezing, I'm exhausted, that's done.

These last days when people said to me things like; ah, tourist. Or; holiday, holiday! I wanted spontaneously reply; well, no, actually it's hard work I'm doing here! But the I thought about it for a second and it dawned on me, I'm actually one, a holliday! But aren't holiday more like a travelling agency prospectus? So I just timed my holiday badly? Hmm, if I don't find a solid definition appart from tourim industry thing for what I'm doing and most importantly that I'm am able to explain to people, then I really look like a fool. Well, I'm too tired now, so I'm just gonna live with it for now.