click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

28 Jan 2012

Day 141: Alanya-Yakacik

The sun was shining, it was warm, the wind was resting or having my back and the remaining clouds went eastwards. These are exactly the conditions I was hoping for when I headed for the south coast.
On my right side the still rough sea threw big waves on the beach and against the cliffs, on my left side there were green mountains and sometimes, further behind a white crete would climbs towards the coast. The hotel madness (city suburbs are just one hotel after another lining up, preferably close to the coast, blocking the view one the sea) suddenly stopped after Analya, insted agriculture took over. There were a lot of banana trees and some of the fruit were sold right stay the street. Unfortunately bananas I count among the few fruit I don't eat.
I took time to linger here and there, watching the waves and listening to theory thunder.
In the eavening I found a brilliant spot a bit uphill with nice views on sea and mountains. I bearly hear the road over the noise from the cliffs, the sky is clear and decorated with thousands of stars. On the horizon there are a couple of clouds flashing up by lightnings from time to time.
I haven't had such a day for a long time. I'm a happy tired man, grinning while writing these few lines at the bonfire and looking forward falling asleep soon listening to the lullaby of the sea.