click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

23 Jan 2012

Days 136-137: Antalya

I had two lazy sunny days in the old town of Antalya. The contrast between here and the suburbs is amazing. The latter seems to be constructed with one single type of building. The repetition is almost spooky. The old part of the city is nice though. Got lost a couple of times in the small, entangled streets. It was also quite nice that this city is not too crowded this time a year.
I got lucky that the owner of the hostel needed to go and get his new passport, so he took me along and I could ask for the visa extension at the same place. I was less lucky with the clerk though. He wanted to charge me about 250€ for two additional months. Since me looking incredulously did not change his statement, I wandered off without nothing. I was hoping that I could get rid of this time constraint at least, the seasonal weather conditions beeing challange enough without time pressure. Isn't it nice that went make ourselves worry with that kind of administrational bullshit?
My almost fever seems to be gone and I'm impatient to see more of the coast.