click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

29 Feb 2012

Day 174:Kalaba-Gemerek

I did not get much sleep. Aslan and me ended up discussing religion, which is always delicate with somebody you bearly know and even more so because of the fact that I am in a muslim country. However it was very good to get insights from somebody who speaks his mind in a language that I understand.
In front of the door snow greated me, fresh snow starting to cover the road. But it was rideable. A friend of Aslan who drives trucks suggestsed to take the roads via Kayseri rather than the one via Bogazlian, to avoid even more snow and spare my legs some climbing. Anyway the road to Bogazlian now also has four lanes, not two as indicated on what appears to be my outdated map.
As I progressed the snowfall got lesser and the first half of the day was dominated by very good surfaced roads with a slight and steady descent and tailwind. Easy and nice. I rode with the dancing snowflakes. At some point the snowflakes turned into tiny snow balls, bouncing of the street. I felt a bit like a snowflake myself going at the same speed.
The second half had to be earned. The temperature dropped, the tailwind was almost absent and the roads got worse. Two times I was offered rides by truckers, but I thought I save this for an emergency, which was quitted by even more head shaking than usually.