click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

2 Mar 2012

Day 175: Gemerek-Sarkisla

It snowed only once this day... starting during the night and ending in the eavening. When I got up around eight am I peered out the window, checking the street. Everything was white and heavy snow fall added on top of what looked like a layer of 10 cm. I threw myself back into the bed. At eleven o'clock I repeated the procedure and discovered that some brave men must have cleared the roads from the snow. During the last nap I had some dream about me buying a bus ticket to Sivas. I stood there for a while unsure of what to do. Checkout time was approching and I really did not want to spend another night here. I was told that in Sarkisla there where hotels too, so I decided to reach that town which is only 30km+ from here.
It was easier than expected, the only trouble was the ice freezing on Wolter. At some point the bike was considerably heavier and the ice started to break the wheels. But I managed and arrived at a nice cheap hotel along the road. I could put Wolter in the lobby to defrost, when I said that there would be a mess the concierge and his buddy just laughed at me and waved me in.