click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

5 Apr 2012

Day 207: Borjomi

The weather forecast for todays afternoon was heavy rain, which convinced us to spend another night here.
During the rather nice morning I went to visit the thermal water park of Borjomi. The hot spring here is said to have the worlds second best mineral water after Vichy. It was not elaborated how exactly this was determined but in any case its definitely worth tasting.
While Sungjong was welding his broken luggage carrier (probably from that infamous car ride the day before yesterday), I followed the river through the park far up the valley. The hiking did me good, however I was in a strange mood this day. On the way back I tasted the two springs, first the hot one that is full of minerals and a bit bubbly and after, to rinse the slighy sulfuric weird tasty-taste out of my mouth, the cold and fresh one.
During the afternoon, I tried to find a cafe with wireless internet without success. Instead I found open networks here and there in the city and surfed outdoors until the rain started.
The rest of the day was packing and fixing little stuff. I'm looking forward on the next couple of, nice days riding again.