click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

16 Apr 2012

Day 220: Sevan-Yerevan

The sun rose early over the lake, no mountains would cast shadows over the place I was camping. So I hit the road before nine. After some up and downs The downhill started towards Yerevan and I arrived only three hours later In the city.
The highlight was seeing that still cloud in the sky that turned out to be Ararat. Since I Elbrus can not been seen from Georgia (a fact that I digested rather badly) Ararat is the first fivethousander I saw with my own eyes. The mountain looks quite majestic.
Before I reached the hostel in the city centre I crossed paths with Jaon, a Korean cyclist that grew up in Japan. The growing number of far east cyclists that I get to know really impresses me.
Finally I found the hostel full of English teachers, mostly from the States. It was like jumping in a Hive.