click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

14 May 2012

Day 246: Chalus-Gaemshahr

Back on the bike again. The roads were not spectacular, it was just distance to cover. The climate up here however is quite special, all these days along the coast I never saw the higher mountains in the south, they were hidden in the clouds on which they seem to have a firm grip on.
There was not much energy left when I arrived in Gaemshahr, due to the hot weather I did not really feel hungry, so I just ate a small melon for lunch.
I went straight to the train station, asking about trains to Banderabbas. Once the lady saw my bike she told me that I can not take it by train. After a lot of back and forth, while some army people came by and wanted to see my passport, I was told that I would have to package and compact the bike. Then I got the ticket and one of the soldiers showed me the way to a guest house. That guy also asked me about swiss army and if they would also walk around and control people, my answer was no. He then said that it sucks here (they serve three years), I just stared at him eyes wide open not believing what I just heard from a uniformed man.
The guest house was kept by a bunch of 4 old men. Communication was difficult but after each one asked me where I'm from (while they were all present the hole time) and after a small eternity to copy the data from the passport I finally got a room.