click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

30 May 2012

Days 259-261: Abu Dhabi

For the weekend Thoby joined a couple of friends to do deep water soloing in Oman. DWS is climbing on cliffs without ropes, instead the water will soften the fall. I read about this a couple of years ago, forgot about it untli Thoby invited me to comes along on that trip. I was very excited about it, but unfortunately my passport was at the Indian consulat. But Frances whom I met last week was kind enough to, let me stay in Abu Dhabi over the weekend. So I took the Bus on Thursday and was glad to have some company over the weekend.
Abu Dhabi is not quite as crazy when it comes to skyscrapers. Frances took me to a nice chinese place, where you can eat some kind of vegetable fondue. You get a soup pot on a table stove and then you can order all kinds of vegetables, dumplings ans rice cake. Then there is a huge table with sauces where you can mix your own cocktail to go with the food. The choice is overwhelming and the waiter was kind enough to orchestrate a mix for me. We finished the eavening in a sports bar, where a band coverd bob marley songs. I am not a big fan of cover bands but I have took admit that their
sounds was rock-solid.
On Friday I finally made it took the beach, the water temperature is cray warm, amazing. After the beach we proceeded to a house warming party that took place in a beautiful apartment half way up a big tower from where one can enjoy a beautiful view over the city. The guests were a nice international mix. Meeting people from all the different corners of the world has the advantage that it keeps the smalltalk interesting. The boos was good too and my head brought only the next day to my attention how drunk I must have been.