click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

24 Sept 2011

Day 17: Elblag-Stare Dolno

Today was a short distance. After the city, I found low traffic roads again and rode partially one the R1 european route. The wind grows stronger again and the sun makes itself rare. When I stop riding I have to be careful not to cool down too much. It's indeed time to head south, some of the trees start hinting the change of colors. Tomorrow the weather is supposed to get worse and after two nights in the wild I will be ready for a shower anyway, so most probably I'll find myself a hostel. But first I enjoy my super place surrounded by fields, a small river is close by and some bushes gives wind and sight shelter. Earlier when I was asking for water at a house, I got some apples with it. The good women was talking cheerfully and didn't stop once she knew I don't speak polnish. Very nice lady.
Somehow I had motivation trouble today...
I'm glad though the emergency battery works nicely and after a long time my dynamo has a purpose again. This way I can recharge the cell phone in the eavening, which gives me more autonomy. By the way the open street maps work beautifully. I did not by a single map for poland , had nice routes and always found what I needed. Here and there I found some errors but I will try to report them.