click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

12 Sept 2011

Day 6: Mescherin-Szczecin

I had it all.
At midnight the idyllic camping was hit by a thunderstorm. Ouuu yea, that was really cosy. The lightnings as bright as daylight. At some point I needed going outside to tension the outer hull, because I did not use though cords and contact between inner and outer layer resulted in waterdrops falling on my had.
Never the less, after the storm was over I continued sleeping like a baby and I had an early super motivated start in the day.
15 km later heavy rain started falling again. Another couple of km, I crossed the polish boarder. Yet another couple of km I lost the oder-neisse-radweg and ended up on a main road, of which I got tired soon. Then out of luck I found a bike path again but soon the road became quite tricky and it appeared that parts of the track were still under construction. Later real off road feeling came up. So I fought my way through to Sczcecin on rather touring bike unfriendly roads. After I took care of the money and provisions, I tried to find some help for touring at the tourist information and soon realized this will take up the rest of the day. Freestyle route planing in poland is nothing for beginners like me.
After some research I will pass one fighting my way through to the baltic sea and take the ship (1pm hour) to Swinoujscie instead. There I'll try the europe trail R10.