click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

13 Sept 2011

Day 7: Szczecin-Kolobrzeg

I really liked Szczecin. After the Oder-Neisse trail I started believeing I'm the only person under 60. It's an old city with young inhabitants, the makeup is worn of, it's alive.

9-11 flickers on the screens. Fuck terror, visual shit and disinformation included.

First thing in the morning I took the boat to Swinoujscie. It was one of these gliders. I remembered Greece. Three they were called flying dolphins. The one hour trip was memories living in the parent.

Swinoujscie was very tourisy... People from disneyland...
So I was in a hurry to get on and I choose one and two digit number roads and counted on the west wind to let me gop fast. The bikes tires were humming like bees, the ones of the cars that passed like thunder. Later I got almost by accident on the europe bycicle road R10. It reminded me of the trails in the Dresden Heide, through forest and sand underground, pretty bumpy for a touring bike, a nice change and fun riding. My only worry was that the bags would let go. In the Heide I used my fully and was a bit bored sometimes, but with a loaded touring bike it's quite a challenge to find a line where nothing breaks.
And of course I found time to say greet the baltic sea.

Did I mention that the pedestrian traffic lights in poland sometimes speak? Hehe, very interesting...

So in the eavening I arrived in Kolobrzeg on a touristy can, camping. That brings me to the downside, I crossed a couple of these vacation colonies. Again, France, in "Midi" you find also a couple of these. They always leave an awkward feeling in my stomach. They're seem just incredibly loveless.

When unpacking I realized that I must have left, my pants with, while reshuffling stuff at some point. Goodbye favorite belt, goodbye victorinox pocked knife. D...
That was a bitter aftertaste to a cool day. Lesson learned: take your time (for the Nth time). Besides I prefer to loose my pants when a woman is involved.