click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

17 Oct 2011

Day 40: Budapest-Racalmas

Everybody was warning me how cold it will be today. Yes it was fresh, but a clear blue sky (perfect weather to fly). I left Budapest in a warmup speed along the Duna. But somehow I had trouble getting in gear today. After 30km I thought the first time that I had enough for the day. As I went close to the river I was looking out for a spot to stay. But there were so many houses, that I had to go for a while before I found something a bit away from the river.
I did some modifications one the back bags, I actually should have done before leaving. Better late than never. The front bags suffered quite a bit on the single trails in the slovak mountains, so I was sewing for an hour to fix the bigger holes. By the way these low rider bags are also refered to as "road master". On the single trails I was often thinking of them as "off road disaster". They are a bit large and got caught every now and then by some obstacle.
Now the fox is howling. They are nice creatures, but their voice...