click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

18 Oct 2011

Day 41: Racalmas-Kalocsa

When I got up this morning the condensed humidity on the outside of the tent was frozen, so was the water in the bottle I left on the bike. But it was manageable, breakfast in the sleeping bag and soon the sun shone on my spot and I could get in gear.
Also today I had some trouble getting in a flow but unlike yesterday I managed this day better.
Most of the trail roday was on dikes, their huge and the surroundings area flat as a tarmac. Not everything was asphalt, some were natural surfaces, but everything was well rideable. Also the route is well indicated, that one does not really need a map.
Today I also encountered for the first time since Gdansk, a couple of bicycle tourists, Andreas and Carolyne from Munich. This Duna route really seems very popular, even during the late season.
For the night I found a spot beside the river. Looks beautiful.