click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

19 Oct 2011

Day 42: Kalocsa-Dunafalva

This morning there was only a little ice in my water bottle. I slept well and when I got up the fog was hanging low and thick over the Duna and hid the other side and even the ships. Was a very cool scenery I was presented with during breakfast. I though I slept long, but I was back one the road shortly after nine a.m. at some point I hit the breaks hard, stopped and cursed the noise the new brake pads made. This squealing drove me nuts. I though this would settle itself, but it didn't, so I did.
Afterwards I continued with a quiet wolter on the asphalted dyke.
The sky is a deep blue and the sun shined all day but the cold wind while I was sweating a lot made me feel uncomfortable. Also I'm still not quite sure about how to tackle Serbia and Croatia. I'm torn between wanting to see Serbia and my longing for mediterranean climate.
Todays spot is of my preferred type; right at the border of the rivet easy water access and a lot of eavening sun. Love it. I did not advance so far today but this way I could have a quick bath in the Duna. Veeery refreshing, I did not last more than a couple of seconds and did not dive. But for this alone I needed to pull myself by the hair towards the water.