click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

25 Oct 2011

Day 48: Bijeljina-Lukavac

It was very gray this morning but is had hopes, that the sun would push through. The first couple of km where one a major road with very low traffic. People where heating, many of the with wood. The low clouds were like a lid, keeping the fumes low over the ground.
Later a smaller road with even less traffic took me towards Lopare. It was a nice serpentine through the hills over a pass before and after Lopare. The air got better as I left the suburbs behind me and gained altitude. The calm and the sight of these narrow valleys, reminding me of the Jura, in the north of Switzerland where I grew up did me good.
On the pass I discovered rests of snow, but in the same time the woods had less colors than I saw in Slowakia. I enjoyed the ride through this nice region also without sun, it's just a pity, that parts of it are marked to contain landmines.
Backa on the main road I cycled through Tuzla, a industrial area.
At half past 4 p.m. I decided to call it a day.the days get awfully short especially on days without sunshine. I liked doing long lunch breaks, now I have rearrange my day planning, if I want to do around 100km.