click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

29 Oct 2011

Day 53: Plitvicka-Otocac

This morning, when the alarm was ringing, a struggle began in my half conscious, mind to get up. Just five more minutes...
Yesterday Nik was hosting a dinner. Baked patatoes with with ham and sausages and other meat. Of course everything was accompanied with more beer and later Rakie (schnapps made of plums). It was simple and damn good. Many thanks to Nik, Tiho, Martin and the wild bunch.
Once I got up I went to the lakes again and did, what I first was a bit reluctant about, proper sightseeing. Since I wanted to make some way towards the coast the same day, I concentrated on the central lakes and wandered around for about three hours. It was mindblowing. Here it is not long anymore before the leafs will be fallen and right about now the colors are amazing. The water forming rivers, lakes and waterfalls in various shades of green and blue and white was stunning me throughout that trip. It was drizzling and fog was adding magic to this hole scenery. First I was worried but this place must look beautiful in whatever weathered.
After a coffee for lunch I went towards Otocac. The choice of roads turned out to be excellent. The atmosphere with the fog was impressive contrasted with the intense autumn colours and became a spooky accent once a couple of house ruins emerged from the myst. After a small climb, the little road joined a bigger one at the border of the natural reserve. This road lead, after a little descent into this valley on about 700 m a.s. The surrounding mountains where covered with the colorfull forests and my awe continued.
During some discussions yesterday I found out, that instead of complaining about the absence of the sun, I should be glad, not having to cope with snow. And in this matter my worries about Macedonia are increasing.
However this was by far the most brilliant hangover day ever! I actually forgot about it most of the day. Only when I hit a bump, the little shock provoked a reminding little pain in my head.