click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

27 Nov 2011

Day 82: Zlatograd-Kardzhali

Must have gotten out of bed one the wrong foot this morning. I had to drag myself these 60-something kilometers to Kardzhali.
The weather was fin though, just a little colder than expected and traffic was low. Can't complain about circumstances really. The road through the hills was easy leading me through worn down villages, where sometimes there was music coming from the center, probably weddings. I didn't dare to intrude and just listened a bit from the distance.
The highlight of the day was then shortly before reaching todays destination. The landscape opened, wide valleys let me see far into the distance, where I saw some mountains with impressive cliffs. The past days, there were always mountains of thick air obscuring this kind of view. It was a nice change.
After having coffee I got picked up by Rado who kindly let's me used his "warmshower".