click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

29 Nov 2011

Day 83: Kardzhali-Haskovo

After a pleasant eavening that Rado, his girlfriend Nadia, a college of hers Delvina and me passed in a pizzeria, discussing open hardware, politics and stereotypes amongst others stuff, I woke up after a pleasant nights sleep.
Rado seemed ton have time so we had tee and talked a bit more before saying goodbye.
The trip ton Haskovo was a short one, so I had time of laying one the hills and watch the landscape at this mild andd beautiful day.
I arrived around 2 p.m. in Haskovo, had some lunch and continued hanging around in the sun in the urban environment. After some trouble contacting Ben, a Frenchman who accepted to have me under his roof, I finally met him around sunset. His apartment is one the seventh floor, equipped with a balcony from which we could overlook the town and even see the biggest maria statute of the world.
I the eavening Ben took me to a nice little jazz bar in the heart of Haskovo. A friend of his from Bulgaria, Leo, joined us to have a couple of beers there. This place had lived for some time and was packed with old instruments, pictures books or stuff people left there.
Leo was a very chatty chap. And suddenly we spoke about katanas, the name Musashi was mentioned and seconds later he started a long talk about the Edo period in Japanese history naming all the major players of the big clans. I listened perplexed.
It was early morning when the last discussions were exhausted andd we found sleep.