click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

30 Nov 2011

Day 84: Haskovo

Ben told me that I could stay as long as I want to, so I took him partially up on his offer and stayed another night.
We had an easygoing day, slept off, had a burek as aperitif breakfast before getting a kebab. What a start in the day!
Later we visited the tower next to the huge maria statue and enjoyed the view over town. At the north of the horizont we spotted an apartment block with black smoke. Hopefully nobody got hurt by the fire.
What I liked particularly about the statue, was the fact, that next to it, on the small square, was a skateboard funbox. In the village we had trouble to put one on the school yards and here skaters were allowed next to the cities biggest attraction.
Afterwards Ben showed me his office, which hey shared with Ivan who got some EU-grant for working with kids and teenagers on different projects.
In the early eavening we were back in the Jazz bar with two of Bens Bulgarian friends, Louise andd Maggie who spoke very good French.
I had a good time here, enjoying discussions in French. Ben is amogst other stuff a music freak. Half of the time hey asked me if I knew a particular group I had to answer no. So I got some new music for the rest of my way.