click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

19 Nov 2011

Day 74: Skopje-Veles

This morning getting on the road was hard. It was cosy and nice in the hostel. "would you like a coffee?"
Yeah, sure I could do with anotherone. And then I had another cigarette before take off. During the night it was close to -10° C and the morning was chilly. Beside I still hadn't figured out what route to take today. Finally I settled for Veles. Google maps had a small road between the highways that looked promising.
While riding along the river I discovered another side of Skopje. People housed under the bridge in improvised shelters. The contrast to the shiny side was striking.
In Katlanovo I found the small road without problems. Where the highway was tracing an almost straight line over bridges and through tunnels, my road was like a snake through the hills. It was mostly asphalted with stretches of gravel. A nice ride.