click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

13 Jan 2012

Day 126: Gönen-Ivrindi

It was rather hard to get up, out of that cosy bed of the pension. But all my stuff was dry again and I was good to go.
Today I reached the minimal altitude for snow. It was fresh and even though the street was cleaned, I fought a bit with the remains. That man climbed high, you might think, but actually the maximum altitude I reached was 538 m. Yep, at least I was not scared for nothing of riding through Turkey in winter.
But the cold has it's advantages: no mosquitos, less smells, few tourist and gorgeous landscapes with the white mountain tops.
Yesterday I was glad to be back on the road (despite the rain) today, additionally, riding was fun. But one month of beeing lazy left me a bit startled of how quick I lost quite some physical condition.
I found my camping spot with and amazing view right on time. After having setup the tent and gathered some wood, it became dark while I lit the fire.
Such a nice thing these bonfires.