click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

20 Apr 2012

Day 223: Landjanist-Saravan

I thought I camped right before the pass, it turned out though that I had another bit to climb before reaching it. On the way up I discovered Ararat, he was peering over the southern mountains of the valley like a neighbour would look over the garden fence.
looking from the pass back into the valley was quite impressive. There were the mountains I passed yesterday and also the ones I saw when riding to Yerevan the day before yesterday. But more than that I could see across the plane where the metropolis lies to see the mountains behind. I guessed those mountains could be the ones I saw from the other side weeks ago while riding through south Georgia.
Then I went down into the valley and followed the rivers for a long time. The valley would narrow to a canyon and widen again.
Long before evening I settled for a camping spot in a little side valley beneath the monkey mountain with a little torrent with cristal clear water, that whispered wash yourself in me!