click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

20 Apr 2012

Day 235: Doghar-Kapan

I saw the sun rising at the end of the valley. It was warm but windy. So I got an early start dived down into a steep valley and for the next two hours I worked my way back up on the other side. Here everything was one big forest and the views I glimpsed at the curves of the serpentine road were amazing.
After a long break on the first pass I followed the road which went along a ledge, I love these particularly. But then the weather changed slowly, thunder form the clouds mixed with the occasional thunder of passing trucks bumping down the bumpy road. Before the next small pass I got hit by a little hail. Then it went down all the way to Kapan, quite a nice road. The views became tricky at this part since they would take my attention away from the road. There were not many holes in it but bumps from some kind of deformation of the asphalt, these obstacles are also more difficult to see than holes, so between gazing into the valleys and starring at the road I got almost catapulted out of my saddle.
Before Kapan I caught up with a heavy shower, sought out the next shelter and waited it out. Finally I decided to settle for a cheap hotel here, wash cloths, use internet, in short do the civilization things and wait out the small storm.