click on pictures to open the albums

Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe
Street Art along the Way
Street Art
Middle East
Middle East
Planet India
Planet India

19 May 2012

Day 252: Sharjah-Dubai

I checked out late from the hotel once I had a long breakfast and a short photo session with the owner of the hotel.
Cycling to Thobys place in Dubai would have been easy if it wasn't for the heat. After 40km suddenly I felt a chill and realized that I was not far anymore from a sunstroke. But I made it in one piece to the air conditioned apartment of Thoby a ten kilometers further. He briefed me on the plans for the weekend. I a couple of hours we would drive out in the north, camp, get up early next morning and go climbing until midday, drive back, go to a chilly competition at a friends place and then take it easy on Saturday.
And so it was done. On the way to the Wadi we picked up Wofi, who would have almost the exact same program for the weekend. Then we met a bunch of friends of Thoby and Blair in the Wadi, mostly English teaches from Canada and it was not long before discussions got louder as well as the laughter. I had no clue what time I finally pitched my tent to get some sleep, but it was not an easy task, even though I did not put the second layer. Then I acted similarly as the rest of the stones in the Wadi... motionless except perhaps for the snoring, but that would not concern me anyway.